The rules regarding the eligibility for admission to B.Com.. as stipulated by Veer Narmad South Gujarat University are given below:
Admission Eligibility for B.Com. programme Candidate must have passed Standard 12th (H.S.C.) Examination through Gujarat Higher Secondary Education Board (G.H.S.E.B) or any other equivalent board (like CBSE, ICSE) with subjects mentioned below:
- Students of the Commerce stream must have passed H.S.C. Examination with the following Subjects 1. Accountancy 2. Commerce 3. Any one subject from Statistics OR Business Mathematics OR Economics OR Banking.
- Students of the Vocational Stream must have passed H.S.C. Examination with the following subjects 1. Accountancy 2. Commerce 3. Any one subject from Computer Application OR Entrepreneurship OR Mathematics.
Instruction for Candidate for Online Admission Form Filling
- The students who wish to be admitted to B. Com. in colleges affiliated to V.N.S.G.U. should go to the University website www.vnsgu.ac.in or VNSGU and register themselves as per the instructions given in the Information Booklet.
- The students should fill up the admission form only after checking their eligibility for admission as per the information given in the Information Booklet.
- The students will be able to fill up the admission form from Date 07/06/2018, 11:00 a.m. onwards upto Date 20/06/2018 till 05:00 p.m. from the University website VNSGU
- It is compulsory for students to have his own mobile number and E-mail ID. First and foremost, the student has to register online and will receive Application Number and Password on his mobile and on e-mail also. Then the student has to fill up all the details in the Admission Form with the help of the Application Number and Password. The Password should not be disclosed to anyone and should be kept till the admission process is over. The student should keep his Passport size photograph with him.
- Information regarding admission in first year and the main subject in B. Com. Programme is given in the Information Booklet. Accordingly, the students should select the college. Minimum 10 (Ten) colleges should be selected. If possible, the students should select the maximum number of colleges, so that he may be able to get an opportunity for admission.
- After filling up all the information in the Online Admission form, processing fee of Rs.200 should be paid through Debit Card, Credit Card on Net Banking. The processing fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- After filling up the Online Admission Form, the student should take a printout. This printout along with the original Marksheet and other documents such as School Leaving Certificate, Caste Certificate, Non-Creamy Layer Certificate, Certificate of Disability, Medical Certificate and Affidavit if there is a gap of 1 year or more in continous studies should be submitted to the nearest College recognized as Help Centres by the University from morning 11:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m. The “Verified” stamp should be affixed on the Online Admission Form along with the signature of the Clerk at the Help Centre. Verification of form is compulsory for students at the Help Centres. During Verification, the students have a choice to increase the number of colleges. After Verification, University Cross Verification is to be done compulsorily at the Help Centre.
- There will be no verification of the Online Admission Forms and the original documents after 05:00 p.m. on Date 20/06/2018. The students should note that Help Centres will not verify torn, incomplete or late forms.
- After the forms and documents are verified by the Help Centre, the Help Centre will put the stamp of “Verified” on the form. This “Verified” form will have to be submitted in the college according to the Merit List along with all self-attested original documents. Then the student should pay the prescribed college fees to confirm his admission.
- If a student's original Certificates or Documents are found false during Verification or Enrollment by the University, then the admission of the student will be cancelled and the fees paid by the student will not be refunded.
- Anti Ragging Committee functions in every college. If a student is found guilty of ragging, then according to law, an F.I.R. will be lodged against the student. It is mandatory for every student to fill the Anti-Ragging Form and submit it to the college.
- If the merit marks of two or more students is the same, then the marks of Std.-X will be considered and the student who has secured more marks in Std.-X will be accorded the higher merit. If the marks of Std.-X is the same, then the age of the students will be considered. The students, whose age is higher will be accorded higher merit.
- The student should visit the University website often as important instructions will be put up on the University website from time to time.
- If there is a complaint regararding the Admission Process, the student can complain on the e-mail : email@example.com along with his Application Number.
The merit list will be prepared by the centralized Admission Committee in accordance with the rules of the affiliating university. Candidates will allotted counseling sessions as per their merit; thereafter the admission to the preferred college will be confirmed as per the no.of seats available.
Admission Brochure (2018-19)